During regular inspections and maintenance, you may be able to complete minor repairs to strengthen your roof and extend its lifespan. However, after a severe storm, you may need unexpected repairs. Don’t worry; Jagris is here to help with expert roof repair in Florence. As a family-owned and operated business, we understand the importance of keeping your loved ones safe. That’s why we treat every customer like family and don’t take payment until the last screw is in. It’s critical to get inspections and roof repair quickly after a storm, so the issue doesn’t continue to grow and further damage your roof.
Don’t hesitate to call our experienced team! You can reach us at (256) 576-8933 to schedule your free estimate.
How to Prevent Roof Damage
You can’t predict or control the weather, but there are steps you can take to minimize costly roof repairs. Outside of storm damage, common repairs like leaks or missing shingles are often preventable.
Minimize roof damage with:
- Regular inspections: Your roof should be thoroughly inspected before and after a storm. Any minor problems can be fixed before a storm to strengthen your roof and prevent more serious damage. After severe weather, look for missing or curled shingles, leaks, or a sagging roofline.
- Keep gutters clean: Your gutters play a critical part in directing water away from your roof and foundation so cleaning them is essential. Clogged gutters let water sit and promote mold growth and wood rot.
- Trim trees: A tree nearby or touching your roof can cause preventable damage. During a storm, high winds can cause limbs to fall and create a hole or trap water on your roof, causing ponding or mold.
- Schedule maintenance: A new roof should be maintained bi-annually, but you should schedule maintenance quarterly as a roof ages. A professional inspection can identify issues you can’t see from the ground, like pest entrances and small leaks.
“This is by far the best roofing company in Alabama. Amazing customer service and very outstanding workers in this company. They came out to my house fast and prompt in my time of need and handled business. GREAT PRICES !!!!” - Jerell K.
“A company of their word. Very professional company that does amazing work. Thanks guys!” - Trey H.
“I contacted Jagris and one other company for quotes. Jagris gave a very fair bid. The job was started and completed in the timeframe I was given when I awarded the job to Jagris. I would definitely recommend this company to family and friends.” - Monie W.
“JAGRIS provides great, affordable services and are dependable when you need them. Give them a try and you will not be disappointed.” - Ron C.
“Did a great job on my house, they did exactly what I wanted. And also finished when they said they would!! I highly recommend for any roofing jobs!!” - Tyler N.
“We just had a metal roof installed by Jagris, which is our second project with them. The work was completed in a timely manner. The crew was respectful and came when they said they would.” - Judy B.
“Great experience, very friendly and efficient workers! Chris Whitmeyer did an awesome job.” - Kate C.
“John (rep. from JAGRIS) came to my home. I discussed some of the problems I was experiencing with my current gutters. After he looked around my home, he gave me some recommendations on possible solutions.” - Anthony O.
Knowing when you need repair is critical to preventing the damage from growing and protecting the inside of your home. Don’t pay thousands down the line by ignoring the problem when we can provide expert roof repair in Florence today!
Signs you need roof repair include:
- Sagging roofline: A sagging roofline requires immediate roof replacement as the supports have gotten wet and become weak or a new roof hasn’t been installed correctly.
- Missing or cracked shingles: Damaged or missing shingles are a common repair after a storm, but they need to be replaced quickly as missing shingles expose flashing that keeps your home waterproof. This is an easy fix, but it may be time for a roof replacement if you notice a significant number of missing shingles.
- Interior water damage: Interior water damage can come from many sources, but if you’ve already ruled out plumbing issues, it may be coming from your roof. If water can enter your home, so can pests that create further problems throughout your space. Don’t let moisture and pests disrupt your home when Jagris is here for you.
- Discoloration: Roof discoloration also indicates water damage, and your shingles may grow mold and change color, or some shingles stay wet because of ponding while others are dry.
Don’t replace your roof early when minor repairs can extend the lifespan of your roof! Jagris has spent 20 years providing expert roof repair in Florence that you can trust.